[Solved] show vlan brief Not necessary.

Post your feature requests here
SteveLamb

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:53 pm

for the majority of our installations we have a rather large vlan table in use. this information is also not necessary when we are running backups. Is there a possibility of disabling this feature either globally or per tag or even per device.

Thanks
SteveLamb

Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:11 pm

I was wondering if this topic has gotten any attention.

this is still a point of frustration for my deployment. we have lots of devices all will large vlan tables. all of this information is redundant as it is in the running config. It is also data that lands in our backups and eats up storage unnecessarily. The most frustrating part is when some of these devices seem to time out while printing the data of this command.

can this be moved to a feature request, maybe it already is a feature request and i dont know where to look

Thanks
Tomas

Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:16 pm

SteveLamb wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:11 pm
I was wondering if this topic has gotten any attention.
Sorry we haven't got back to this earlier. Removing this from Cisco backups is possible since 2.1. You can remove the "show vlan brief" output by using a "Delete backup filter" in "Backups > Configuration".

You can setup the filter on the Cisco IOS device types (switches and routers), and use a regex like this:

Code: Select all

(?ms)^show vlan brief.+
The first diff (the first time a new backup is done and the filter is applied) will look like this:
2onoxohg.png
2onoxohg.png (91.33 KiB) Viewed 2402 times

After, you won't see the output of "show vlan brief" in your backups anymore.