[Solved] Created Zones keep disappearing

Unimus support forum
silversword

Fri May 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Just updated to 2.0.0, trying to add new device...required to create a zone.
Go and create a zone, of type embedded. I see it on the zones pane.
Click dashboard, then back on Zones and it has disappeared.
Try to create another zone with same name, and says it already exists.

Is this a side effect of Tags being used?
Tomas

Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 pm

Yes, this is definitely because you are using Tags - which are limiting your visibility in the system.

Your account is being limited by tags - but you are creating a Zone without a Tag.
Unimus will allow you to create that Zone, and you will see it immediately after it's creation.
But as soon as you change UI screens and come back to Zones, you will not see the Zone due to Tag limitations on your account.

Unimus automatically creates a Default Zone when upgrading to 2.0.0, so there is no need to create a new zone to add devices.
You will however need to give access to the Default Zone to accounts which are tag-limited.
silversword

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:59 pm

Tomas wrote:
Unimus automatically creates a Default Zone when upgrading to 2.0.0, so there is no need to create a new zone to add devices.
That doesn't seem to be the case in my config. Running 2.0.6

Tomas wrote:
You will however need to give access to the Default Zone to accounts which are tag-limited.
Can't figure out where to do that.
silversword

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:08 pm

I think I worked thru my problem. I was admin, but limited myself to a specific tag under User Management | Device access , and hence couldn't see the existing default tags or non-tagged devices.

Needed to remove my limitations, and now everything is making much more sense :)