[Solved] No Remote Interface

Unimus support forum
jvelo

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:33 pm

I've installed Unimus on CentOS 7 running on a Proxmox server. I can get into the web interface locally, but I cannot access it remotely. I also tried the same setup with Ubuntu with similar results. Any ideas what I should be checking?

Thanks.
Tomas

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Hi,

Unimus by default doesn't block remote access.

It will be some firewall (on the servers, or between the client and the VM) blocking access.

I would start with:
1) check if there is some FW on the server (such as iptables, filterd, or similar)
2) check firewalls between the client and the server - they should allow tcp dst. to 8085 to the Unimus server
jvelo

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Tomas wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:40 pm
Hi,

Unimus by default doesn't block remote access.

It will be some firewall (on the servers, or between the client and the VM) blocking access.

I would start with:
1) check if there is some FW on the server (such as iptables, filterd, or similar)
2) check firewalls between the client and the server - they should allow tcp dst. to 8085 to the Unimus server
Thank you.

Upon further investigation, it seems CentOS 7 comes with firewalld enabled - it was apparently blocking the interface from the outside. I have limited Linux experience, but have not run into this before.