[Fixed in 1.5.0] NetXMS Sync wiping out device description?

Unimus support forum
normalcy

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:27 am

I think the NetXMS sync feature is wiping out the device description each time the sync runs?

Is there a field that is meant to be pulled over from NetXMS like node name or description (wouldn't mind if this was an option actually)?

I've filled out the device description several times and had it disappear on me - wondering if the sync could be the culprit.
Johnny

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello,

Yes, NetXMS sync is the culprit why descriptions of your devices are wiped out every time you execute NetXMS synchronization. I have found bug in NMS sync implementation introduced in 1.4.1.
Before 1.4.1, device descriptions were synced from NetXMS only if the device didn't have a description in Unimus.

You made a good point that the way how device description is synchronized during imports could be configurable.
I'll add this option into 'Advance system settings' where you can change device description update policy during imports as you wish.

I've created the ticked https://tracker.unimus.net/browse/UN-276 and i've already started implementation of this new feature and bug fix.
I will send you PM with link to the DEV build of Unimus containing the fix ASAP.

Sorry for the troubles :(
normalcy

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:52 am

No troubles at all, thanks for the quick fix!