Backup Issues with Cisco Edge Router 8300

Unimus support forum
Krishp

Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:18 pm

Hello,

I am having issues with backing up an edge router. The newer models of C8300, I get the error showing ! device does not output complete 'show running-config' (possible privilege issue) - backup from 'show startup-config' but when doing some debugs the output file shows that the show running-config view full runs without any issue and shows the output fine but then runs the show startup-config.

Is there something being missed? Looks like its grabbing it fine in the debug but the actual backup only shows the startup-config backup
Tomas

Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:48 pm

Krishp wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:18 pm
I am having issues with backing up an edge router. The newer models of C8300, I get the error showing ! device does not output complete 'show running-config' (possible privilege issue)
Hi, after a backup is retrieved from a Cisco IOS router, Unimus will look for "hostname", "interface" and "line vty" being present in the config. If those lines are not present, Unimus doesn't consider the backup as complete.

This is because with some IOS configurations (limited user accounts, limited views, etc.) IOS will not output full config with just "show running-config". This is why Unimus first does a "show running-config view full", checks if the output is complete, if not, try to fall back to "show running-config", etc.

Does the output of "show running-config view full" on your device contain the lines I mentioned above?
Krishp

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:09 am

Thank you for replying! Yes when I log in with my service read account when running show running-config view full it has all the lines mentioned which is the odd thing. It just fails and goes to backing up the start-up config
Tomas

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:20 am

Krishp wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:09 am
Thank you for replying! Yes when I log in with my service read account when running show running-config view full it has all the lines mentioned which is the odd thing. It just fails and goes to backing up the start-up config
Could you please create a Support Ticket through our Portal, and attach the Device Output Log from the backup job on the problematic device? We will investigate based on the log. Thanks!