Cisco ISE issue with Unimus 2.4.0

Unimus support forum
azizmoalim

Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:00 am

I see that Cisco ISE is listed as supported in the release notes & on the wiki.

When I add a primary Cisco ISE administration node and attempt a backup, I receive an 'UNSUPPORTED_DEVICE' message from Unimus during discovery.

Which versions of Cisco ISE are supported? I'm testing this with ISE 3.3, Patch 1.

Thanks.

Code: Select all

Error: Unsupported device

Discovery log:
Service check:
  SSH: Service available

Service connection:
  SSH: Connection successful

Authentication:
  SSH: Login successful

Device discovery:
  Basic device info: UNSUPPORTED_DEVICE

Discovery of available CLI modes:
  Enable (privilege exec) mode: discovered
  Config (configure) mode: discovered
Tomas

Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:07 pm

azizmoalim wrote:
Which versions of Cisco ISE are supported? I'm testing this with ISE 3.3, Patch 1.
Hi, our existing ISE driver was based on a ISE-VM-K9 running ISE 2.4.0. It's quite possible newer ISE versions changed the CLI commands / outputs that our driver uses.

Could I please ask you to enable "Device output logging" in "Zones > your_zone > Debug mode", re-run a discovery, and after it fails download the output log?

Please create a Support Ticket on our Portal (and attach the log), and we will check why the driver fails. Thanks!
azizmoalim

Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:42 pm

Tomas wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:07 pm
azizmoalim wrote:
Hi, our existing ISE driver was based on a ISE-VM-K9 running ISE 2.4.0. It's quite possible newer ISE versions changed the CLI commands / outputs that our driver uses.

Could I please ask you to enable "Device output logging" in "Zones > your_zone > Debug mode", re-run a discovery, and after it fails download the output log?

Please create a Support Ticket on our Portal (and attach the log), and we will check why the driver fails. Thanks!

I've submitted the debug logs to my support case: 3417-310-975-52.

Cisco ISE 3.3, Patch 1
PID: ISE-VM-K9
ADE-OS Version: 3.3.0.181
Hardware: VM (VMware)