Applying "Ignore Data Filters" to output of Config Push

Unimus support forum
payam124

Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:25 pm

It happens frequently that a similar set of rules is set to apply to different devices, and from time to time manual changes may lead to have them out of syn.
Grouping outputs of the config push could be a very nice fit for this scenario.

I'm coming from MikroTik background, but more or less, other vendors (OSes) have the same feature to view part of the running config. for example in MikroTik /ip firewall filter export and show the firewall settings

The problem, though, is in the MikroTik's case; the result includes time, date, version, serial, license and ... which leads to different outputs for all the devices although the actual result is the same.

Code: Select all

nov/07/2023 16:49:28 by RouterOS 6.YY.X
# software id = XXX
#
# model = CRS328-4C-20S-4S+
# serial number = A0xXUUUDD
I wonder if such a scenario (i.e. comparing part of backups/configurations in mass) has been already addressed and if not, any chance of getting the backup "ignore data filters" which is used for comparing backups, could be utilized here
Tomas

Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:33 pm

Apologies, currently there is indeed no way to filter out dynamic data from Config Push outputs. We have a plan to address this, but I don't have an ETA when this will be available.

There is a discussion on this issue also here, with some suggested workarounds: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1640