Minor issue with config diff split view and encrypted password string

Unimus support forum
kingtrw

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:49 pm

I've got a minor issue with the config diff split tool - I'm comparing two devices, and it looks like something in the encrypted password string is causing formatting problems, but only for one side of the view.

I've attached a screenshot - right hand side is what I expect to see, but left hand side shows erroneous highlight blocks around lines 47.48, and 49. There's also overlap of text bwtween the contents of line 46 and the contents of line 47.

Not causing me any issue but I thought I'd mention it!
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-17 194302.png
Screenshot 2022-08-17 194302.png (31.59 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Vik@Unimus

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:06 pm

We have noticed a similar issue and with some very specific types of a diff in the Split view mode you can see these visually not that correctly looking data (formatting and highlighting) - this is partially some of the limitations of the engine which is creating, formatting and displaying these diffs. Now, we would, however like to look at it.

If you don't mind, shoot us an email and, please, send us the lines of data from that part of the backup from both compared backups (e.g. the affected lines +- 2-3 lines from the View, not Diff, so that we can test exact raw data) and we can take a look at it on our end test and see if it looks similar to you and if and how we can correct the view of it.