[Solved] Debugging switch discovery

Unimus support forum
kingtrw

Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:10 pm

I've got some Cisco SG switches (I know, I know) that discovery isn't working on. I've checked their config against others (with same model/sw) that discovery does work on, and I can't see what accounts for the difference.

Is there a way of debugging discovery attempts so I can see what's failing?
Vik@Unimus

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:02 pm

There are two options for users to check this directly.

First is to check the error log. You can view it by clicking the red icon in the Last Job Status column of a device. This will provide you simplified set of information which in some cases can help you identify the issue.

To get into the details and get all relevant and detailed logs, you want to enable debug logging.

To do so, go to Zones > Your Zone (the zone where you assigned the affected device(s)) > Debug mode and enable Debug mode and Device output logging.
Rerun the failing backup/discovery job, and after it fails, download both log files (from the same Debug mode window) and send them to us.

You can try to check them yourself to see if it is something you can recognize, but as it is with logs, the amount of information in them can be a bit overwhelming. And, of course, you can always create a support ticket and attach both, Unimus and device output log and we will look at them and let you know what is the issue or get back to you if we need any additional information.
kingtrw

Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:43 pm

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know :)