[Solved] Configure Session Timeout

Unimus support forum
osc

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:40 am

Hello,
I couldn't find the option to configure the session timeout.
I think the default value is set way too low, like 5 or 10 Minutes, I'd like to increase it to 24hrs.
Is this currently possible or if not could this be implemented in future releases?
Vik@Unimus

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:25 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have forwarded the suggestion to our team and I will get back to you when I receive new information on the topic of that.
Vik@Unimus

Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:21 pm

Our team has looked into the suggestion and starting with our latest version 2.2.0-Beta3 we have just released, session timeout is now configurable. This value, by default, is set to 30 minutes, and you can extend it as much as needed. Changing it requires adding a parameter to Unimus' config file
-Dserver.servlet.session.timeout=30m
a couple of notes on the format of the value:
- a simple numeric value is specified in seconds
- to avoid having to insert very high values, you can also use use the format using minutes or hours, e.g. 30m as in the example or as you originally proposed, 24h for a 24 hour timeout.

You can find out how to edit the Unimus' config file to add the extra parameter in our Wiki page here

https://wiki.unimus.net/display/UNPUB/C ... t+timeouts

Lastly, of course links to the version, here's the forum thread for 2.2.0 Beta releases

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1395

and of course, here's the link to download the Beta version

https://unimus.net/download-dev

If you get a chance, give it a try and let us know if it worked as expected.
osc

Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:25 pm

Wow, that was fast!
Thank you very much, I'll download the 2.2.0-Beta3 docker image and test it out.
osc

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:07 pm

Edit:
I've added it to the environment settings. Working fine now.
Vik@Unimus

Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:44 pm

Thank you for the report. I was able to replicate the issue and reported it to our developers.

Also, in case someone else using Docker would stumble upon this thread and wondering what is the correct way to add it , injecting this and other configurable properties (e.g. increased default timeouts, job concurrency settings) into Unimus Docker image must be done by adding them into JAVA_OPTS env variable in Docker, whether directly into the docker-compose file or in case you run the image manually from CLI, then by adding them via -e argument to your docker run command

docker run ... -e "JAVA_OPTS=-Xms256M -Xmx1024M -Dserver.servlet.session.timeout=24h" ...