Port Exhaustion Caused by Unimus Core

Unimus support forum
loganames

Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:44 pm

Hello, we're currently experiencing problems with all of our remote cores. Since upgrading to 2.1.4, the Java process that Unimus runs is causing port exhaustion. The Java process can gain as many as 20,000 handles in a 24 hour period. We've put in a schedule to restart the Java process nightly on these devices, but this has not prevented many of them from going offline and they still exhibit symptoms of exhausted local ports (Windows event codes 4227 and 4231)

Is this a known problem? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Our core server is running on Ubuntu 20.04, and our remote cores on Windows 10 LTSB. We don't want to revert to a version prior to 2.1.4 (if that's even possible) due to the security updates recently announced.
Vik@Unimus

Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:04 pm

Hello,

As a first check-up question, have you updated remote Unimus Cores to the version 2.1.4 as well, or just Unimus Server?
If not, then please update remote Cores as well as versions have to match between the Unimus Server and remote Unimus Cores.
If that is not your case, please submit a support ticket via our Portal and we will get back to you to get more information, add more logging to see a lower-level communication to analyze the situation.
loganames

Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:09 pm

The remote cores started going offline after they were upgraded to 2.1.4. As far as I can tell, only the remote cores are affected, but I did have to restart the server to access the web interface this morning. I'll open a ticket via support, thank you.