[Solved] Cisco Catalyst 1000 Unsupported?

Unimus support forum
tsrats

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:27 am

Hello all! I am running the Unimus docker container in a Kubernetes cluster, and tonight the image updated to v2.1.0 after a pod restart. The container worked fine, however my Cisco Catalyst 1000 (a fairly new device) now fails to discover with the following error log:
Thu, 26 Aug 2021, 02:20 AM

Error: Unsupported device

Discovery log:
Service check:
SSH: Service available

Service connection:
SSH: Connection successful

Authentication:
SSH: Login successful

Device discovery:
Basic device info: UNSUPPORTED_DEVICE

Discovery of available CLI modes:
Enable (privilege exec) mode: discovered
Config (configure) mode: discovered
The device worked fine before in 2.0.X versions. I attempted to use a 2.0.13 container image, but the mysql DB tables have already been updated, and older versions fail to start.

Any advice on how to resolve this would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Vik@Unimus

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:31 pm

Hello,

Enable Debug mode and Device output logging in Zones > Your Zone (zone where you assigned affected device(s) to) > Debug mode.
Rerun failing backup/discovery jobs, and after they fail, download both log files (from the same Debug mode window) and send them to us.

You can create a support ticket through our Portal or reach to us at support[at]unimus.net and attach these log files so we can take a closer look at it.

Thank you.
tsrats

Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:55 pm

Thanks for the update!

I downloaded the files, and it actually looks like a CLI issue with the switch. I am going to update the IOS version and retry, and I will open a support ticket if needed after that.
Vik@Unimus

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:00 pm

Absolutely, you know where to find us if needed. ;)