unimus and Mikrotiks central router

Unimus support forum
gteknoc

Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:26 pm

We just set up Unimus and are backing up the routers etc, all working great.
Need some advice, we set up a central router created a folder called ros-packages uploaded a tile package to it.
New router is running 6.47.1. other routers are using 6.46 or above
We dont use the standard mikrotik ports for obvious reasons. and have Telnet and FTP disabled do these need to be enabled?

2nd question is
/system upgrade upgrade-package-source
add address=10.190.1.20 user=unimus
password
when we run it fails, if we remove the password it will prompt for one in the Output screen. How do we pause it or tell the script to enter the password.

Does the Winbox have to be 8291 standard for this to work.

After adding Upgrade Package Sources and go to available Packages and refresh it also doesnt show the npk.

we would appreciate any advice or guidance.
gteknoc

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:43 pm

We want to automate the upgrade process for our Mikrotik routers. we want to host the .npk files on one of Mikrotik routers so we can control the update process and thoroughly test the firmware prior. We have tried the documentation and searched online on configuring Auto Upgrade and Available PackageSource to our router, but when you click on refresh nothing happens.

Cannot proceed to use Unimus for updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Has anybody got this working in Unimus
nets

Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:50 am

This is really a MikroTik/RouterOS problem and not Unimus problem. However;
There is a chance that the password storage and authentication changes in RouterOS v6.46.(4??? around there anyway) that it may have introduced a bug or that feature simply overlooked (In RouterOS, not Unimus). You might also have to have FTP or HTTP enabled. I don't generally use that approach but i might consider it again in the future. But there are alternatives to that method, and that is doing a mass-config push with basically the same statements as doing an update directly from mikrotik. I don't have a good/tested script to give you, as the ones i use are at a different location, but it goes something like this;

Code: Select all

:global sta "unavailable"; :system package update check-for-updates do={ :set sta $status } ; :if ( $sta = "New version is available" ) do={ :system package update install };
I'll see what i can pull out, if my scatterbrain remembers.
You also have the ability to go really fancy by doing via

Code: Select all

/tool fetch 
but that could have its own disadvantages.