[Fixed in 2.1.0] NMS Sync "Successful" with 1 failure

Unimus support forum
brwainer

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:26 pm

When my NMS syncs (Zabbix) the notification in the corner of the interface shows "failed: 1 updated: 2". When I look at the Import Jobs on the dashboard, these are counted as Successful and there is no ability to view the log.
  1. An import job with failed items should be Failed, not Successful
  2. The failure is caused by assigning one of my devices to a Zone, after it was initially imported by the same NMS Sync job. If I change this device's Zone to the Core (0) then the NMS Sync succeeds, but of course the device discovery/backup fails. Changing it back to the proper zone again causes the NMS Sync to report it as a failure.
  3. It would be great if we could assign zones via the NMS. For Zabbix specifically I see two ways:
    1. Use separate groups for each zone (simple solution)
    2. Create a mapping between Zabbix Proxies and Zones (the harder but better solution)
brwainer

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:31 pm

This problem is still present. Additionally, I sometimes find that the sync tries to create a new entry for the same device. It will actually do so if there are enough licenses, meaning I have one entry which works (because it is assigned to the right zone) and one entry which doesn't (because it has the wrong zone). Unimus version is 2.0.2. I believe this is easy to replicate (NMS Sync with Zabbix, and change a device's zone), but I am willing to supply logs.
Tomas

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:47 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response to this thread. Integration of NMS Sync with Zones is coming in 2.1 - we did not want to delay the 2.0 release for this, as it was already a huge release and took longer than anticipated even without changes to NMS Sync.

Currently, NMS Sync indeed will only import to the Default zone.

I see 2 things that we need to do:
1) import/sync should check for already existing devices in all Zones, not just Default until 2.1
2) investigate and fix why import says 1 device fails right now, and why it reports the overall job as successful

I have created internal tickets - the devs will be on this.

Will update this thread when we have news.
brwainer

Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:48 am

Thank you Tomas! I would also like to repeat again:
"An import job with failed items should be Failed, not Successful"
mainly because no logs are kept (other than enabling debug mode) for Successful tasks.
Tomas

Thu May 13, 2021 11:47 pm

Hi,

Just an update that this should be fully solved in 2.1.0 and newer (Beta release here). NMS Sync was rewritten to be fully working with Zones, importing various devices into multiple Zones, etc.

We have also reviewed the logic that determines if a sync was successful or not, and now if there is any failure at all, the entire sync will be considered as failed.