[Fixed in 2.0.1] Unimus 2.0.0 can't discover pfSense 2.4.5; 1.8.3 has no issue

Unimus support forum
brwainer

Wed May 20, 2020 1:47 am

With the new Unimus 2.0.0 release I decided to build a new VM instead of upgrading my existing one. I split off some licenses into a new license key. I added a pfSense 2.4.5-RELEASE device into the new Unimus install (same device as is being backed up by 1.8.3, with the same credentials) and it fails to discover. I have added Unimus' IP address to the Login Protection Whitelist. The log from the dashboard is:
Error: Internal error - please contact support
Menu detected during login, but a candidate driver doesn't specify menu patterns

Discovery log:
Service check:
SSH: Service available

Service connection:
SSH: Connection successful

Authentication:
SSH: Login successful
I saw in a different post to enable "Other Settings > Debug Mode > Device output logging AND Debug loging" but I don't see a "Debug Mode" under Other Settings in 2.0.0, nor do I see logging-related options elsewhere.
Tomas

Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi,
Menu detected during login, but a candidate driver doesn't specify menu patterns
Multiple users have reported this issue in tickets, sorry you are running into this as well.
We are investigating this and want to have it fixed in 2.0.1.
I don't see a "Debug Mode" under Other Settings in 2.0.0, nor do I see logging-related options elsewhere.
The debug options were moved to the "Zones" menu, as Unimus now allows debugging Remote Cores directly from the server.
This required setting debug settings per-zone, so the options migrated there :)
brwainer

Wed May 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Tomas wrote:
We are investigating this and want to have it fixed in 2.0.1.
Understood, thank you.
Tomas wrote:
The debug options were moved to the "Zones" menu, as Unimus now allows debugging Remote Cores directly from the server.
This required setting debug settings per-zone, so the options migrated there :)
I think that may be the one section I didn't look at... but it makes sense.