pfSense ARM devices with version > 2.4.2

Unimus support forum
hgtech

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:22 am

I seem to be having an issue with pfSense ARM devices failing discovery as "unsupported_device"

They devices are a mix of NetGate SG1000 and SG1100.
So far, the only one to be correctly discovered was a single SG1000 running 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1
All of the other ARM pfSense devices are running a newer version of the OS.

This only applies to ARM devices. All of our i386 and amd64 pfSense devices discovered correctly regardless of the OS version.

If it makes any difference, we are using a dedicated user account (across all the devices) that goes directly to a prompt, not the default admin account that loads a menu when you SSH into pfSense.

Let me know what information I can provide.

Thanks.
hgtech
Tomas

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello,

Unimus supports the following login modes for pfSense:
1) normal (non-root) login to a Linux shell ("[2.1.3-RELEASE][testuser@test.local]/home/testuser(1): ")
2) login to the pfSense menu ("/etc/rc.initial")
3) root login ("[2.3.2-RELEASE][root@testPF.domain.local]/root: ")

It is quite strange that one ARM device works for you, but others do not...

We will need logs to properly debug this and find out why the ARM NetGates are failing.
Can you please enable Device Output Logging and Debug logging in Unimus?
(Zones > Default > Debug Mode > Device output logging AND Debug loging)

After this is enabled, please run a discovery on each of the failing NetGates (one by one, not together please).
After all the discoveries fail, please download both log files, and create a ticket on the Portal with both attached.

Thanks!
bruor

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:51 pm

I had this issue on 2.4.4 and it ended up being sshguard blocking rapid logins from unimus back to back.

I had to whitelist the unimus server IP address under: System -> Advanced -> Login Protection