[Solved] Connecting to database failed

Unimus support forum
jlambert@altivia.com

Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:11 pm

Our windows server hosting our Unimus database was unexpectedly restarted. Now when connecting to localhost:8085 I get an x on connection to the database. I have stopped and re-started the server service, but from reading through the forum I believe I need to make a change to the unimus.properties file. But what do I change? And how do I save it back as a properties file? Cannot edit any how because file says I do not have administrator privileges'.
jozef

Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:23 am

Greetings,

This issue can occur when the service is restarted during an upgrade, or during a particular startup database operation. This can happen on Windows due to updates. During Windows Update, Windows will start services, but reboot due to an update.

Here is how you can solve this if you are running on Windows or Linux and using the HSQL file database:

- stop Unimus
- navigate to C:\ProgramData\Unimus\hsql or /etc/unimus/hsql and open the file db.script (you can open it in a text editor, e.g. Notepad or Notepad++, if you have it installed)
- search for the string INSERT INTO DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK
- replace the TRUE with FALSE in the brackets in the matched line

INSERT INTO DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK VALUES(1,TRUE,NULL,NULL)
to
INSERT INTO DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK VALUES(1,FALSE,NULL,NULL)

Note, in your case the last two values in the brackets won't be NULL, but one will be a timestamp and another will be your computer name - you can safely ignore them and change TRUE to FALSE.

- restart Unimus.

If you are running a different type of database, please let me know which one, and I can provide the appropriate guide.

Hope this helps,