API version 3?

General discussion of anything Unimus
dahook

Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:06 pm

Hi,

When will the API methods described here https://wiki.unimus.net/display/UNPUB/F ... umentation be available in the stable version? Are they included in some preview version? I only see some of them on my install which runs 2.4.0 on <server>/api/v3/ui. If I try to use any of them anyway I get "URL is not supported by the API".

//Dan
Tomas

Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:27 pm

dahook wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:06 pm
When will the API methods described here https://wiki.unimus.net/display/UNPUB/F ... umentation be available in the stable version? Are they included in some preview version? I only see some of them on my install which runs 2.4.0 on <server>/api/v3/ui. If I try to use any of them anyway I get "URL is not supported by the API".
Hi, all the endpoints listed on http://<your-server>/api/v3/ui should work without issues. The plan with APIv3 currently is to first cover functionality not present in APIv2. So at the moment, you will need to combine APIv2 and APIv3 calls to be able to manage everything.

This is why APIv3 docs posted on the Wiki are marked as a preview - it is a preview of the current plan on how things in APIv3 will be structured, and how it will work once finished. For APIv3 feedback we have a forum thread here also: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1347
dahook

Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:42 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. Not the answer I wanted, since even when combining the methods there are a lot of things that can't be managed. The API as of today feels neglected. One of the main reasons we chose Unimus for our rather large multi-tenant environment was it's speed and the ability to automate. I will have a look at the forum post you mentioned.
Tomas

Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:18 pm

dahook wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:42 pm
Thank you for your quick reply. Not the answer I wanted, since even when combining the methods there are a lot of things that can't be managed. The API as of today feels neglected. One of the main reasons we chose Unimus for our rather large multi-tenant environment was it's speed and the ability to automate. I will have a look at the forum post you mentioned.
Yes, the API still needs work. We are sorry, we are aware it's not at 1:1 feature parity with the UI. We have been working on it tho, and we will continue work on APIv3 with each new release. One thing I can also mention is that we also have documentation for directly managing the database available on request.

I know that's 3 separate ways to automate / integrate with Unimus. but between APIv2, v3 and direct DB manipulation, almost all features of Unimus are automatable. If you are interested in that doc, just contact support.

APIv3 will get better and feature complete with time. I know that doesn't help you now, but we are working on it :)
dahook

Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:07 am

I understand. Things take time. I planned to do the automation I am looking at now about a year ago but have'nt had time until now :). Direct DB manipulation would work as a workaround for now, I will definitely look into that. Thanks!

//Dan