[Solved] Failed backup data options

General discussion of anything Unimus
sdave

Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:07 pm

Hello,

I'm looking to get failed backup details into a TS database. Is there a method to get failed backup occurrences from the API, without entering in a specific job ID? Something similar to polling the API for failed backups across the last X minutes. I'd also eventually like to do something similar for config changes/diffs. Please let me know if this is possible.

Also, I saw the Slack and email notification options for Unimus. Any ETA for a MS Teams integration?

Thank You
will.t

Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:58 pm

Hello sir,

I am understanding you would like to pull failed backup jobs in recent time period via Unimus API for reports used for troubleshooting purposes. Not possible via API at this time.
However you could pull these data along with error logs directly from the DB.
We have a blog article describing this process at https://blog.unimus.net/generating-repo ... -failures/

For config changes/diffs try our APIv2 'get devices with different backups' and 'get diff' methods that might be of use. Let me know if that is something that can help. https://wiki.unimus.net/display/UNPUB/F ... ation-Diff

MS Teams as an additional notification channel is possible right now. All you need to do is generate an email address in your MS Teams Channel configuration and use it as a destination to forward Unimus notifications to.
sdave

Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:49 am

Thanks Will.t. This is helpful
dahook

Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:00 pm

Hi,

I find it really annoying that the email notification seems hardcoded to about 25 lines. We have large deployments which are air-gapped so we can't use Slack or Pushover. There are internal mailservers so email works, but since Unimus often cuts the information that is also quite useless. I have'nt found a way to get notifications via the API either.

Please remove the line limitation from emails, or at least make it configurable. Also, a simple webhook integration so send notifications is quite easy to accomplish. I saw in a different post that you think is complicated to implement, I don't really see why since it can be accomplished with a few lines of code.

I know you are working on a better notification system but a least removing the limitation would make it possible for us to parse the email and obtain some level of automation.