More restricted operators

General discussion of anything Unimus
kingtrw

Thu May 18, 2023 3:36 pm

Is there any plan to support user roles that are a bit more restricted than the default operator?

I would like to give some site-specific staff the ability to view config for their site, and edit config on their devices -- but looking at the abilities of the default operator level, it seems they can do quite a lot that could potentially cause problems, e.g. remove devices, edit device settings, and view and delete config push presets configured by others. It also seems that they can edit a lot of other system level settings.

I guess what I'd really need is read-only, but with the ability to do config pushes on specific tags.

Is there anything in the roadmap for this sort of behavior?

many thanks!
Tomas

Mon May 22, 2023 12:11 pm

Hi,

We do plan to introduce a more granular role system, where you will be able to define where each role has access (which screens in Unimus), and what kind of access that role has (read-only, write, etc.). Combined with a Tag rework, where any entity in Unimus will be tag-able (including Push presets), this will give you full control over what each user can / can't do.

Please note there is no concrete ETA for this right now, this is a large rework of many systems in Unimus, and will take quite a bit of time.
kingtrw

Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:38 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it's going to be a lot of work!