This is a beta release of version 1.8.3-beta5 intended for testing purposes.
1.8.3 continues updates to the 1.8 release branch, and as such, there are no major features present.
Quite a few improvements to existing features are however present.
(and as always, we continue to fix any issues/bugs that are found)
Please check out the full changelog below to learn more.
We test the beta releases as best as possible, but bugs may be present.
For general usage, we recommend customers run current STABLE release.
You can download the Beta build here:
= Version 1.8.3 =
Trailing spaces will now be automatically stripped from output of Mass Config Push
Added an option to configure number of context lines in diffs in configuration change notifications
Added options to clone "Mass Config Push" and "Network Scan" presets
Cisco IOS devices will now be discovered even if "show version" is not available in user-exec mode
Added support for devices that require pressing ENTER before logging in over Telnet
Improved support for HPE / Aruba ProCurve stacks
Improvements to the "Show backup" window
Visual updates to the "Notifications" screen
Added a system entropy check during startup - will notify if system entropy is low
New Powercode importer (NMS sync)
- allows synchronizing devices from Powercode to Unimus
- you can configure which devices to pull into Unimus in Powercode
New "Debug mode" settings:
- added options to change debug levels during runtime
- added options to enable device communication logging during runtime
- the log file can now be downloaded directly from the GUI
- the device communication log file can now be downloaded directly from the GUI
- deleting the device communication log file is also possible directly from the GUI
New "Show all passwords" feature:
- this features makes it easier to work in environments where many credentials have the same username
- usable in "Credentials" and "Bind credentials..." screens
- when enabled, also enables search within passwords
"Mass Config Push" feature improvements:
- presets can now be cloned, renamed and deleted from the home screen
- ability to re-run a push on an output group
- ability to set devices in output group as push target
- ability to clone a preset and set devices in output group as push target
Added support for:
- AudioCodes Mediant
- more variants of Dell PowerConnect
- DragonWave Horizon Compact
- DragonWave Horizon Compact+
- F5 BIG-IP
- F5 BIG-IQ
Fixed Unimus not properly reconnecting to the database after the database went down
Fixed incorrect configuration change notifications for Cambium ePMP (again)
Fixed more rare incorrect configuration change notifications for FortiOS
It is no longer possible to add negative numbers as ports in connector settings
Fixed wrong notification formatting for notifications that contained un-managed devices
Fixed Mass Config Push and Network Scan preset creation data disappearing for unsaved presets
Fixed Network Scan preset subnets area to trigger configuration validation on text change event, not focus out event
Fixed a regression that caused MikroTik RouterOS not being discovered if it asked to show EULA at login
Fixed NMS config still present after 'clear' and re-open the config widget
Fixed URL validation not properly validating contents of URL
Tickets closed by this release:
UN-338, UN-340, UN-344, UN-347, UN-352, UN-354, UN-355, UN-358, UN-359
Radius accounts must now be created in Unimus, and have their authentication method set to Radius.
If you are migrating from previous versions and use a Radius account to log in to Unimus, you must
first create that account in Unimus and properly set its auth method. Use a local admin account
to create this Radius account.
Special characters can be replaced by '?' under specific circumstances