[BETA] 2.3.0 beta release thread

Beta release announcements and discussion around them
Tomas

Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:51 pm

UPDATE: 2.3.0 has been released, and this topic has been locked.
2.3.0 release announcement: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1615

Unimus 2.3.0-Beta2 is being released today, this is a release of the 2.3 code branch intended for testing purposes.

The main new features in 2.3 are Offline Mode, MSSQL support, LDAP auth provider and Export for Config Search. LDAP and Config Search Export are still in development, but we wanted to bring you the other 2 features for testing.

This release has been in development for over half a year, and support for MSSQL and Offline Mode both required large rewrites to the database and licensing modules in the codebase respectively. There are also a lot of new supported device added by this release, as well as many fixes. Please check the entire Changelog below.

Builds are available for download here:
https://unimus.net/download-dev
DarkQuark

Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:05 pm

My apologies if this is the incorrect place to post this. But I have tried Beta1 with my FortiAuth box and I have found the only config it backs up is the system/network config. It does not get anything else. So my entire backup was less than 30 lines. Thank you.
Vik@Unimus

Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:55 pm

Would you mind submitting a support ticket? We can go through that. What we back up currently is all we were aware of at the time of the development, so we can take a look at what you referred to and see if it's possible to back up as well.
Tomas

Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:08 pm

We just pushed out 2.3.0-Beta2. This includes support for more new devices, more bugfixes and a few new minor features.

New since 2.3.0-Beta1:
Features:
Added support for prompt format changing when switching contexts on Cisco ASA (multi-context)
Added support for Configure Mode on Sonicwall NSA

Added support for:
- BDCOM OLTs
- CheckPoint Gaia devices
- CheckPoint Security Gateway
- CheckPoint Security Management Server
- CheckPoint SMB Gateway
- CheckPoint VSX
- Ribbon (ECI) Apollo
- SNR (NAG) Switches

Fixes:
Fixed "Schedules" table updates not being propagated between concurrent users (live updates were missing)
Fixed "Config Search > Show all lines" does not work if Context lines is set to a negative value
Fixed backup command echo could sometimes appear as part of backup on Exablaze Fusion devices
Fixed backup not working on Cisco FXOS devices in cluster mode
Fixed discovery failing on Fiberstore S5850 (and related devices) with newer firmwares
Fixed discovery failing on specific Nokia / Vecima OLT devices
Fixed discovery failing on multi-context Cisco ASA with different prompt in different contexts

Fixed SSH connections failing to servers which did not support higher MAC segment size:
- affected devices usually had very old firmwares with weak SSH MAC support
- example of affected devices: Dell PowerConnect 55xx, some versions of Cisco SF/SG switches, etc.

Security fixes:
Fixed currently opened "Devices > Comments" window still working if user lost access to the device
Fixes for issues in Beta1 (none of these apply to current stable builds):
Fixes:
Fixed search by Device Type broken in Backup Filters
Fixed APIv2 "getDevicesLatestBackups" endpoint broken
Fixed unable to get past login menu on Metaswitch Perimeta SBCs