[Implemented] Unimus without connection to internet License server

Post your feature requests here
lumir.pelikan

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi,
We are supporting some clients with networks totally disconnected from internet for security reasons. I am talking about so secure areas where mobile phones or other communication devices are prohibited also, so there is not possible to reach the Unimus license server. As I talk to Tomas, there is not possible to run Unimus without active connection to license server at the moment (also for High availability Unimus servers synchronization). Is there any plan to make Unimus running in this scenario? For example license activation based on some license activation key provided by online form, e-mail, phone activation?
svenp

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 am

Hi all,

i'de relly like to use Unimus in our Enviroment - but same Problem here. The Network where we need Unimus is not Connected to the Internet (and would never be connected to the Internet).

So can you please, please, please add Support for Offline Enviroments? It would be sad if we can't use Unimus because of this restriction.
ryanm

Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 pm

We also need the ability to access our backups in the event of loss of internet connectivity.
Tomas

Fri May 18, 2018 2:04 pm

ryanm wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 pm
We also need the ability to access our backups in the event of loss of internet connectivity.
Unimus only requires communication to the licensing server once every 2 days.
(or when new devices are being added)

So in case of internet loss, you won't lose access to your Unimus instance (nor your backups).
Vik@Unimus

Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:06 pm

Hello Everyone,

We have a new Unimus version 2.3.0-Beta1 live now, which features new Offline Mode licensing. You can find more information in our Beta branch thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1599

If you are interested in the testing of this feature, please reach out to us to get you started.

Note, as mentioned in our recent post

viewtopic.php?p=3869#p3869

offline licensing will be available only to customers with the unlimited license.