Wishlist items...

Post your feature requests here
wazza

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 am

Hey all,

I've done this before, but here are a few that I think should be easy enough, and would help a lot.

* Ability to disable a device. That is, I don't want to remove it, but I know that the device is offline, perhaps to never return, and I don't want to loose the config, but at the same time I don't want Unimus to attempt discovery or backup since it will fail. (Ideally a disabled device should NOT use a license!)

* Ability to mark a specific backup with a comment and a "KEEP" flag, so that it is never removed from retention.

* Ability to export / download the latest backup of all / selected devices.

Hopefully that should be easy enough to do. I'd really like to keep all my backups in one place, and then just worry about backing up Unimus itself!

Finally, a bigger wishlist item...

* Ability to backup remote devices in closed networks. I would suggest a socks proxy, or ssh tunneling or some other sort of proxy mechanism. This would really help us as we have a lot of devices that are not directly contactable, and I really can't justify deploying many Unimus servers.

And of course it goes without saying... Unimus is great, and getting better and better...

Thanks,

Wazza