[Implemented] Device Description

Post your feature requests here
ukzerosniper

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:37 am

Hi Guys,

Could we make it that the device description is default the device name. For example in MT it would be the "Identity" in UBNT it would be the "Device description"?

It would be great if we could update this with a new discovery or over ride it with a manual entry if required.

Additionally it would be great if we could have a "notes" section for each device in case we need to note something specific to that device, for example, the device in question may only have one specific port available for an engineer to plug into, this may be a note we could add so that the person performing the restore knows that before getting stumped.

Finally, it would be great if we could add a note to a specific backup. Maybe we made a specific change and want a clear note of the backup that we made before the change. This would be easier than looking at all the changes between all the backups.

Thanks Tomas. Unimus looks absolutely fantastic these days! I haven't had chance to play with it for ages due to workload, however, im now playing again and i gotta say, you are a hero for developing such an awesome backup solution!

Great work dude!
If this post helped. Consider donating to my bit coin fund

1DrTMxNmBuZwgEcJs2LTh3hnB6VFEC1Uqf
Tomas

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:39 pm

We have implemented the comments/notes feature, it will be available in 1.3.0.

Notes can be added pretty much everywhere in Unimus now, to devices, backups, credentials, etc.