Comware 7 Support?

Post your feature requests here
kjanuud

Tue May 16, 2017 5:26 pm

I see comware on the list, but it seems to be for the older comware version 5. I've few Comware 7 devices in production and it fails to discover. The logs indicate Unimus can log in, but then disconnects due to a version mismatch? Or it just disconnects - I'll assume likely because of comware's prompt to press "Y" or "ENTER" to continue before you can access the CLI
[*]Accepted password for xxxx from 10.x.x.x port 15689 ssh2.
[*]SSH user xxxx (IP: 10.x.x.x) connected to the server successfully.
[*]User xxxx logged out from 10.x.x.x port 15689.
[*]SSH user xxxx (IP: 10.x.x.x) disconnected from the server.
[*]SSH client 10.x.x.x failed to log in because of version mismatch.
Tomas

Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi,

I tested Comware 7 with VSR1000.

Code: Select all

<HPE>show version
HPE Comware Software, Version 7.1.059, ESS 0325
It discovered successfully and works.
I'll assume likely because of Comware's prompt to press "Y" or "ENTER" to continue before you can access the CLI
That prompt will indeed be why Unimus doesnt discovery it.

When do you get this prompt?
kjanuud

Wed May 17, 2017 6:54 am

I get this prompt after successfully logging in via SSH. You can press any key except "N" and it will take you to the CLI. If there was a way to disable the prompt, I'd love to know. I've a couple devices on Comware 7 and using RANCID did not help either, haha.

Side Note:

Would you be able to add support for Brocade FCX/ICX?
Tomas

Wed May 17, 2017 8:26 am

If you could provide SSH access to one of the problematic Comware devices, I will be happy to fix it.
Same for Brocade FCX/ICX, if you could provide SSH access to one, I will gladly implement support.

Feel free to contact me over PM to work out the details.
kjanuud

Wed May 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your support and my apologies for not getting back to you sooner - unfortunately I cannot provide SSH access as I don't have any spare devices on the comware side. I'll work on the Brocade side soon.

One thing to note on the VSR1000, the command you entered "show" does not work with Comware 7. They have their own syntax - in this case - it would be "display version" - EDIT: I just tested the VSR1000 and it does allow the "show" command - Comware devices do not.

I did figure out how to disable the prompt from earlier - it's part of the "header legal" so I've disabled it on one of my other Comware devices. Once I did this I'm able to see Unimus login, but discovery fails - I'll assume likely due to the syntax being different.
Tomas

Tue May 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi

Sorry for the late reply as well, I was travelling around for a conference.

Could you please send me the output of 'display version' from your Comware that is not working?
'show' is just an alias to 'display' on the VSR, but Unimus actually uses 'display version' for Comware.

Most probably issue is that your devices output of 'display version' is somehow different from our current supported recognition regexes for Comware. If we fix the discovery, backup should already work.

Thanks again!