[Implemented] Better config backup support for Siklu MH-T280?

Post your feature requests here
nschrenk

Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:50 pm

I recently added a Siklu MH-T280 device to our Unimus instance. Discovery appeared to work ok, with the device being detected as Vendor: Siklu, Type: MultiHaul, Model: MH-T280.

However, the way Unimus supports this device is imperfect because there is some status information that changes regularly that is included in the "config" that is backed up. This causes Unimus to detect a "configuration change" every day.

The specific items that are changing are in the stanza under "radio-common { links { active { ...". For example, the rssi, snr, mcs-rx, mcs-tx, speed-rx, speed-tx, and the values under the counters stanza nested in there, too.

I'd like to see Unimus ignore this link status information and counters when it backs up the config.

Is there any other info I should provide to make this request more clear? Thanks!
Vik@Unimus

Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:25 pm

This is a good point, this type of data, which is highly dynamic and its presence hardly provides hardly any value should be filtered out.
Would you mind submitting a support ticket in our Portal? We would like to see some examples which we can use to create a built-in filtering as our original data is limited in this type of data from configurations. We will then work on those and add them in one of our future releases.

As for what could be done already at this moment, I would recommend taking a look at our backup filters we added to Unimus in 2.1.0. Backup filters offer an option to define own filters to filter/format backups which may have some unwanted parts a user might want to get rid of or ignore

https://blog.unimus.net/new-backup-filt ... mus-2-1-0/
https://wiki.unimus.net/display/UNPUB/Backup+Filters

depending on the particular format of the data and the random hashes, you could create filters to whether delete them completely (this means such filter would be applied when a new backups is created and it removes that from an actual backup) or ignore them (this type of a rule doesn't actually affect any backup, but it also prevents diff notification and is applied retrospectively on all existing backups when checking diffs). From the brief description you provided I would also recommend using regex for a more specific and focused filtering. If you have issues with the regex, you can let us know and we will help as we can.
nschrenk

Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:37 pm

Thank you for your response. At your suggestion, I opened a support request. I will also look at using backup filters to solve this issue.
Vik@Unimus

Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:07 pm

Just as an update, the added built-in filtering was added starting with Unimus 2.3.0-Beta1.