Update Directly from Unimus Console

Post your feature requests here
b.russell

Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:23 pm

It would be really nice to be able to Update unimus directly from the unimus console rather than have to download from the web and copy to the server that unimus is running on.
Vik@Unimus

Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:00 pm

Hello,

I am not 100% sure what you mean by "Unimus Console", but we will be adding a built-in updater to Unimus, however this is one of those developments with no ETA tag attached to it at this time.

With that being said, at least I will mention that it is possible to script your own solution to make updating Unimus and Unimus Cores anywhere from easier to effortless, although you specifically mentioned downloading a new version from web and copying it to a server, which I personally can't really connect to any of our deployments as it is expected that a server running Unimus is connected to the internet.

For Linux deployments we have our installer scipts, which are ran in CLI directly and even support arguments for unattended (no interaction required) and even minimal (updating only Unimus' binary) upgrade. And if we talk about having a one-click solution to upgrade all the remote Unimus Cores, with a bit of shell scripting one can create such a script to pretty much have it automatically doing all the heavy lifting.

Windows installer is a different case, though, as in this case it is an actual installer (binary) is needed to be downloaded and ran, but there are IT management tools, which often so focus on doing this type of work for Windows-based systems, which would allow running remote scripts and such scripts could be used to download and install a new version remotely without manually accessing the server.

Let me know in case you are referring to something else.
b.russell

Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:40 pm

Thanks much. We will look for the built in Unimus updater.