Baseline compliance

Post your feature requests here
munck

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:32 am

Hi

we are at the moment looking into Unimus as a possible backup solution for our network equipment. Though it is missing one core component for being the absolutely number one pick.

we are missing an Baseline compliance module, where you define a baseline config for specific switches or vendor of switches. Then unimus should check if these lines are in the marked switches. If there should be switches, which do not follow this standard which is defined we should notified.

i dont know if it would make sense for the production to have this feature, but it would make sense for customers with 500+ network equipment.

Best Regards
Frederik M.
bwebb

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:57 pm

I agree that this would be a hugely beneficial item to add to the solution. Even being able to manually script compliance requirements ourselves would be a huge help. Something like "does the configuration contain this line" which outputs PASSED in a report for each of the items to be evaluated.

An option for line items to have a scripting command window just in case the item to be evaluated is not part of the configuration would be another beneficial item as well.
normalcy

Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:54 pm

I'd also like to see something like this.

You can manually go and hunt across device configs with config search, but I think it would be a good feature to be able to schedule/repeat a config search periodically and send a notification if some pattern is present in the output of the search.

eg: look at recent mikrotik meris botnet, you could setup a config search to run on each backup and look for the presence of scripts or socks proxy for example and alert if that pattern appears.

Perhaps that could be a quick start to the feature and build upon that for a broader baseline monitoring solution?
lweidig

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:23 pm

Don't know if this will help any of you not knowing what NMS you are using. We do exactly this in NetXMS where we have it check key configuration items and throw warnings for devices that are not setup properly. We just build those into our templates and this allows for very quick / consistent audit. Potentially a workaround!