Automated tagging / Schedule Tags

Post your feature requests here
edward.fingleton

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:04 am

Had a look to see if this is suggested anywhere else or already on the roadmap and couldn't find it.

Automated tagging based on returned data from devices (could be especially good when combined with the Q3 targeted 'Advanced device information collection during discovery')
This feature would allow you to set rules on tags such that when a device is discovered it adds the tag to the device. This would mean if we'd added per-tag connector settings or any other kind of future tag feature they would immediately take effect.

Schedules based on tags
Automatically assign a schedule based on the tags assigned to a device (scheduling conflicts would have to be handled, e.g. choose the most aggressive schedule or give admins an exception report to choose the schedule in conflict situations)
Tomas

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:25 am

We already have a ticket in our backlog for a feature like this. You would be able to define rules - based on various conditions, devices would be tagged with some tag(s).

Currently no ETA on this however, but I have added a link to this topic to our ticket. If / when there are any update, I will post them here :)
edward.fingleton

Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:55 pm

Thanks Tomas.

I thought of one additional requirement for the automated tagging - you could also set tags based on the config e.g. a tag for 'Telnet Enabled' devices. That way you can periodically check for devices which have it enabled and disable it.