[Implemented] Ignore Line When Checking for Config Change

Post your feature requests here
gholthaus

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:44 pm

I currently have Unimus configured to do a config WRITE every night (using mass config push) on all my devices, and then a config BACKUP during the day. Every time a config write is done, the following line is added to the top of the config:
NVRAM config last updated at 00:00:13 CST Sun Mar 14 2021 by AAA_Unimus
Then during the day when deciding whether or not to generate a new config backup, Unimus detects this line as a "config change" and so backs up the config on all of my devices every day even if nothing else in the config actually changed.

Is it possible to configure Unimus to ignore this line when checking for config changes? If not, could this possibly be implemented as a new feature?
Tomas

Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:01 pm

We already have a lot of filtering in place for dynamic data like this - happy to add filtering for your issues as well. Can you please let us know what Vendor / Device type this is?

As a note - in 2.1, we are adding user-configurable filtering, so after 2.1, you will be able to define rules to ignore this yourself.
gholthaus

Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Thanks Tomas! The devices are all Cisco devices. A quick scan implies that it's happening on all IOS switches and routers (so NOT on our firewalls, WLCs and NX-OS devices). Is that enough information to go on, or do you need a list of specific models?
Tomas

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Thank you, we have fixed this on our end, and the fix will be released in the next Unimus version :)
(as a side-note, like I mentioned previously, in 2.1 you will also be able to define custom ignore filters)
gholthaus

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:58 pm

Tomas wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:09 pm
Thank you, we have fixed this on our end, and the fix will be released in the next Unimus version :)
(as a side-note, like I mentioned previously, in 2.1 you will also be able to define custom ignore filters)
Cheers Tomas!