Support backing up HPE Nimble storage device

Post your feature requests here
Confab

Thu May 19, 2022 6:26 pm

Would be pretty cool!
I'm open to testing. I have a Nimble HF-20.
Vik@Unimus

Thu May 19, 2022 7:05 pm

We are always open and happy to add support for more devices, however, as always it is crucial such devices are accessible via any of the supported connectors (currently SSH or Telnet). There are other requirements as well:

- the device has to be identifiable, which means the device should feature a command which will, for example, output the system information, but most importantly it will clearly identify itself as that device - this is one of the reasons why we can't support various software packages running on a generic host OS (we are, however, working on a generic Linux driver to allow performing Mass Config Push to such devices)
- lastly we expect being able to execute commands outputting device configuration to create a backup of it in Unimus.

Would you mind submitting a support ticket in our Portal? We will then get back to you with what we need to continue with the process and we can then take a swing (not literal, of course) at those devices.
Vik@Unimus

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:00 pm

I have just wanted to update this thread with what we found out during a remote session looking at one of these storage devices. Unfortunately, it turned out that we were not able to get enough information without root access. As it turned out, this, being safeguarded platform by HPE themselves, is not possible for users and consequently us to have that access, hence at least at this time we are not able to support these devices.